The Bahrain Center for Human Rights (BCHR) currently seeks creative, passionate and hard-working applicants for internship positions on Advocacy, Communication and Research.
BCHR is looking for applicants interested in working full-time or part-time, for a period of 3-6 months. Office hours will be held from 09:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. This is an unpaid position.
- Assist with advocacy campaigns by conducting research and preparing background memos and other written materials;
- Communication with our international partner organizations, representatives of foreign governments, and the UN;
- Assist in managing a contacts database and improving our communications with our targeted audience of policy makers;
- Support lengthy analytical reports on human rights abuses in Bahrain in cooperation with our documentation team, through research and writing;
- Track Bahrain news, legislation, and statements by global policymakers, the European Parliament, and United Nations officials on a daily basis;
- Assist in social media campaigns and the drafting of external communications;
- Write and publish content on our website and on social media platforms;
- Prepare updates for the website and other media-related materials;
- Assist with administrative duties as required.
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a graduate/undergraduate student - a relevant degree in human rights law is a plus
- Have an interest in and being knowledgeable of human rights issues, particularly with respect to freedom of speech, expression, and association, due process rights and prisoners’ rights;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Good ability to attracts and build new contacts with the media and other partners;
- Be able to work independently, take initiative, and exercise sound judgment;
- Maintain strict confidentiality and
- Be committed to BCHR’s mission.
Highly desirable additional skills:
- Arabic and French/German language skills;
- Knowledgeable and innovative about using social media in a professional capacity (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.);
- Photoshop, video editing and/or other graphic design experience;
- Familiarity with the Adobe suite, HTML formatting and HTML design;
- Demonstrated research experience (especially related to the Middle East, human rights, democratization, governance, and political rights) and
- Innovative and passionate about building and executing grassroots outreach/advocacy campaigns, as well as using novel technology tools for advocacy.
To apply, send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com